Chyawanprash is a well known antioxidant rich Ayurvedic formulation for boosting immunity and protects the body from range of infections. It is formulated by including around 50 medicinal herbs with Amla (Indian gooseberry) as the prime ingredient.
Chyawanprash is a powerful herbal remedy that literally lives up to its fame and is an absolute answer to almost all health problems by increasing overall immunity and hence enhance the longevity of a person who take it in regular basis.
Fortified with powerful herbs, spices with vitamin C, this ayurvedic supplement extensively helps in to boost the immune system, treat any lung or breathing problems, aid in digestion, improve memory and brain function, the magical formulation does it all. It consists of 12 vital ingredients which are common in all ayurvedic formulations ie Amla (Indian gooseberry) , Neem, Pippali, Ashwagandha, Safed Chandana, Tulsi, Elaichi, Arjun, Brahmi, Ghrita, Kesar and honey.
Ayurvedic Indications Of Chyawanprash
Ayurveda is the holistic science of herbal remedies and has advocated use of this time-tested formulation in several journals of Charaka and Sushruta. It is mostly indicated for use in the conditions which include :
- To help in digestion
- To stimulates appetite
- To prevents nausea and vomiting Relieves cough, cold and breathing difficulties
- Relieves burning sensation in stomach
- Helps in treating painful micturition
- Treats eye problems and help in vision
- Treats anaemia
- Improves skin complexion and anti ageing properties
Other health benefits of Chyavanprash include:
- It improves digestion and eases chronic constipation. The abundance of fibre in the chyawanprash makes this a powerful remedy to reduce bloating and ease in formation of gas in abdomen. The antacid property of the herbs and spices prevents the formation of excessive acid in the stomach and helps to relieve ulcers, indigestion.
- On regular intake, it enhances energy level through out the day and reduce fatigue. It may help to improve alertness and concentration.
- It purifies the blood by eliminating toxins from the body and aids in proper functioning and improve health of all the organs in the system.
- It helps to stabilise blood pressure
- It is good to increase good cholesterol (hdl) and decrease bad cholesterol (ldl)
- It can help protect the body against infections die to loads of antioxidants and Vitamin C.
- It improve the immune system against fighting microbes and shielding the body against multiple infections like common cold, cough, sore throat and other respiratory ailments. It has strong anti-viral, anti-bacterial and antifungal properties.
- It has anti ageing properties due to presence of various potent herbs, spices and lots of antioxidants. It help in tissue healing and regeneration which helps the body against cellular damage. Chyawanprash is a blessing to achieve spotless radiant skin. It helps in shielding the skin from oxidative radical damage due to the harmful UV radiation. It reduces the ageing process in the skin and hence improves complexion.
- Chyawanprash helps in weight loss. Being loaded with fibres, herbs, spices when taken regularly, this herbal formulation reduces the hunger pangs and prevents overeating. It prevents weight gain as well as aids in weight loss if take regularly.
Chyawanprash is a time-tested herbal remedy many of us are taking since childhood. Be it men or women, young or old, this ayurvedic supplement is beneficial and suitable for all. It is dark brown-black colour with jam like consistency and has a distinctly sweet, sour taste with a spicy undertone.
The general dosage of Chyawanprash is 12-28gm and can be taken in morning or evening by choice. It is preferred to be consumed with milk (half cup) on an empty stomach in the morning. If you don’t like the milk, can be taken with lukewarm water. You can adjust the dose of Chyawanprash according to your needs but don’t take in excess amount as can cause diarrhea or vomiting.
Be healthy and choose a better version of you. Dream more, achieve more & love more. Sign-up to kreateUrself for more posts.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before making any changes to your diet if any medical conditions involved.